No known problems
Minor and patch updates are straight-forward, and usually may be done independently of any module updates. It's usually a good idea to update Backdrop CMS core independently, before attempting any module updates.
- Make a backup of your database.
- Make a backup of the config directory (it's located within the 'files' directory and begins with 'config_` unless otherwise specified in the settings.php file).
- Download the latest release of Backdrop CMS and extract it.
- Login to your site as a user with the "Administrator" role.
- Put your site into maintenance mode (optional, but strongly recommended)
- Rename the core directory in the root directory of your current codebase "core-old" or similar, and move it outside your Backdrop docroot.
- Put the new core directory from the latest release of Backdrop CMS inside your docroot.
- Note: If any of the files outside the core directory have been changed and need to also be updated, they will be explicitly mentioned in the release notes.
- Run update.php by navigating to http://example.com/core/update.php
- If you turned on the maintenance mode option, turn it back off, to make your site publicly accessible again.
- If all is well, delete the "core-old" directory.