Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Backdrop CMS project. This guide is here to help you with common issues you may encounter while contributing to Backdrop CMS.
Contribution comes in many forms.
- Usability Testing
- Writing Documentation
- Testing Pull Requests
- Writing Pull Requests to fix bugs or add features
- Organizing Meetups and Events
Contribute Backdrop Add-Ons
Development for Backdrop CMS add-ons is happening on Github.
If you've created a module, layout, or theme for Backdrop CMS we encourage you to contribute it back to the project, and collaborate with others to improve and maintain it.
- Please search the contrib group to make sure the module, theme, or layout you would like does not already exist (and to ensure the namespace is not already taken).
- Please also search the list of projects people are currently working on to make sure your efforts are not duplicating that of others.
- If you are the first one to work on an existing project, please create an issue letting others know. (This step is optional if you are working on a brand new project or idea)
Contribute to Backdrop Core
Development for Backdrop CMS core is happening on Github.
- Please search the core issue queue to make sure there is not already someone else working on your idea.
- If you are the first one, create an issue explaining what you are working on and why.
- Then fork the core repository so you have a place to begin your work.
- When you are ready, create a pull request against core to have your code reviewed for inclusion.
If you find a similar issue in the queue, add a comment with your opinion, and look for an existing Pull Request where you can help.
If you're looking for ideas of what to work on, CodeTriage can send you daily emails with random issues that needs attention.